Ok, a quick Grammy recap from your girl Roz-O!, #1 shocker to most was that the sweet-heart Esperanza Spalding took home the Grammy for the coveted award “Best New Artist”! Although, I did a post on the “fan favorites” Drake vs. Justin Bieber, I must admit I hand a strong feeling that Esperanza would take home the trophy. You could feel the tension in the room when her name was announced. I would pay to hear Justin & Drakes thoughts! I know that they expected it to be one or the other. Any whoo, below are a few more bullets from the night including what I learned from the Red Carpet Interviews:
- For a list of the Grammy Winners go to Www.Grammys.com
- B.O.B is currently working on his sophomore album!
- Lenny Kravitz announced that his album is coming in July & that he’ll be going on tour with U2 in June!
- Drake will be starring in a movie soon…
- Paramore is gearing up to tour in Brazil!
- Swizz Beatz is working on his album.
- Sara Bareilles played for the 1st Family 3 times! Did you guys know that? Love her!
- Adam Lambert says that his upcoming album will be “Less Rhinestones, more leather.”
- Lil Wayne’s 25 city tour kicks off March 18th! Who’s going?
- Katy Perry brought her lovely 90 year old Granny Ann and Hubby Russell Brand as her dates!
- Rihanna goes on her Loud Tour the 1st week of June in the states then heads to Europe in the Fall! #getloud
Overall, the Grammy’s, well sucked to me. The high points were definitely the Aretha Franklin tribute..I cried immediately when they put her on the screen..she’s lost so much weight. Another love, was the Rihanna, Drake, Eminem & Dre performances and I can’t forget the Bruno Mars/B.O.B/Janelle Monae trio…I loved how they rotated & supported each-other during the performance! Bravo but let’s do better next year Grammy’s and oh, what were you thinking with that Teddy Pendergrass tribute smh…got to do better!
xoxo Roz-O! Follow me @RozOonTheGo Up Next NBA All-Star Weekend!