In the latest issue of Self Magazine, the 19-year-old [DEMI LOVATO] opened up about something that cuts deep, and that’s literally cutting yourself.
“There were times I felt so anxious, almost like I was crawling out of my skin — that if I didn’t do something physical to match the way I felt inside, I would explode,” she explained about her issues prior to entering a treatment center in late 2010. “I cut myself to take my mind off that. I just didn’t care what happened. I had no fear.”
Aside from cutting, Demi has had bouts with an eating disorder and a bipolar disorder. In fact, in her documentary Stay Strong, the pop star divulged how all of those issues are still an everyday struggle, but it’s something she works at on a daily basis.
“You can choose to work toward happiness or not. I used to expect it to come to me, but it takes more than seeing a therapist once a week.”
Bravo to Lovato! EVERYONE struggles no matter how many zero’s are in your bank account… struggle doesn’t discriminate! I salute her for speaking out. Hopefully it will encourage others to do the same. xo @RozOonTheGo
- asdfghugo reblogged this from rozoonthego
- i-am-mr-simple likes this
- himmel1 reblogged this from ser-e-desconhecer
- ana-e-sua-vidinha reblogged this from ser-e-desconhecer
- poeta-semsentimentos reblogged this from ser-e-desconhecer
- resentir-se reblogged this from ser-e-desconhecer
- ser-e-desconhecer reblogged this from rozoonthego
- helloimkim likes this
- demiandfunshit reblogged this from rozoonthego
- btchnaviators likes this
- rozoonthego posted this