Earl Sweatshirt is coming back with a bang.
After spending time at the Coral Reef Academy in Samoa as his music was going viral back home, the Odd Future collective member has signed a label deal and has several projects planned. According to the New York Times, the MC will have his own imprint, Tan Cressida, through Columbia Records. The deal allows him to include the Odd Future logo on his releases, while his crew continues with their own Odd Future Records, distributed by RED. (Both labels share a parent in Sony Music.)
Sweatshirt’s future will be prolific: he’s reportedly considering a solo album, a collaboration with Odd Future’s Tyler, the Creator dubbed EarlWolf, and a release with Odd Future producer Matt Martians.
His ambitious schedule should satisfy fans, who’ve been treated to only a few minutes of new material since the MC’s return to L.A. Odd Future’s latest album, “The OF Tape Vol. 2,” includes a verse he wrote in Samoa on the track “Oldie.”
- goontheturfnworldking reblogged this from rozoonthego
- goontheturfnworldking likes this
- papers508only reblogged this from fckyeahearlsweatshirt
- mp-2k reblogged this from rozoonthego and added:
- fckyeahearlsweatshirt reblogged this from rozoonthego
- rozoonthego posted this